In SharePoint 2013, when I tried to access the
external list I was getting the following error.
This is because the user doesn't have the permission
to the external content type.
- Open Central Administration.
- Click on Manage service applications which
is available in the Service
- Click on BCS service application.
- Select the external content type, click on Set Permissions in the ECB menu.
- Add the user and then click on Add.
- Give the permissions for the user and click on Ok.
- Now navigate to the external list you will be able to
see the data in the list.
Thus in this blog you have seen how to resolve “Access denied by business data
connectivity” when accessing the
external list in SharePoint 2013.