Info Path Form in SharePoint 2010
Info Path Form in SharePoint 2010.
- SharePoint can collect data using lists or InfoPath from Libraries.
- InfoPath is better suited for these tasks:
- Data validation
- Conditional Formatting
- Submitting to database
- Submitting via email
- Collecting signatures
- Read-only views of data
- Links to remote data source such as SQL or Access Database
- InfoPath's form-creation tools are based on XML and its related
- When you save an InfoPath form to form library, SharePoint saves the
form data as an XML file in the library.
- InfoPath is both designer and form viewer.
Form Library :
A Form library is basically a document library that uses an InfoPath form
template as a template rather than a word, Excel, or PowerPoint file.
- It is wholly XML centric. The form design is based on XML schema.
- InfoPath views are based on XSL transformation(XSLT).
- All InfoPath data is saved as XML.
- In the InfoPath, the form template is new format with an .xsn extension.
- Types of InfoPath form:
- Web service: with this option, the wizard will prompt you to enter url of a web service that has implemented SOAP 2.0- compliant WSDL.
- XML or Schema : InfoPath lets you design a form against existing XML
document or schema.
- Data types available in InfoPath:
- Whole Number