Pro Developer: Improving Your Career In Any Economy
Pro Developer: Creating Your Dream Project
CONGRATULATIONS: C# Corner Q2, 2014 MVPs Announced
How To Prepare Yourself For Your Next Job. Simple Steps.
Go to all article comments >>
Go to all messages >>
A Code Snippet
An Interview Question
Ask a Question
Visual Studio 2010
Databases & DBA
Visual Studio 2012
Visual Studio 2013
Design & Architecture
Mobile & Embedded
Reports using C#
WCF with C#
Files, Directory, IO
Multithreading in C#
Web Services in C#
Games Programming C#
How do I
Windows Forms C#
Windows Store Apps
Visual Basic .NET
Visual Studio .NET
Request a new Category
How to call and authenticate (pass ...
Bind() Method In JQuery
Happy Independence Day, India
A boolean false can be true in Jav ...
AJAX In JQuery
Learning from Mr. Douglas Crockford
Animation In JQuery
What Is AJAX In JQuery
Slide Panel In JQuery
XAML coding best practices
Sep 01, 2010
It is good to follow the certain practices while doing XAML coding.
Some of the XAML coding best practices mentioned below:
* Don't use unnecessary "xmlns" namespaces in the XAML file. This overburdens the load time of the Silverlight page (If you are using Resharper, you can do this very easily as it will change the color of the unnecessary items to Grey).
* Don't add same namespaces multiple times in a single XAML page. It screws up the XAML code at the time of maintenance and also loads the assembly namespace multiple times causing various memory issues at runtime.
* Use proper name for your "xmlns" namespace prefix. For example: xmlns:commonControls is more meaningful than xmlns:cctrl. This avoids multiple declarations of namespaces.
* Try avoiding "xmlns" namespace prefix name as "local". Instead use "localControls" or "localConverters" etc.
* When adding a control that has no elements inside it, better to close it by self-closing tag "/>" instead of the hard closing tag ()
* Remove all unnecessary resource keys if they are not in use. These increases the memory uses and you may sometime encounter some animation issues due to this. If you need it at later point of time, you are always welcome to add it.
* Don't use extra panels (e.g. Grid, StackPanel, Canvas etc.) unless it is required.
* Always try to use Grid as your panel first and if you require other panels, use them.
* Never try to give a name to all of your controls inside your Silverlight page as it takes unnecessary object creation at the time of load. Name only those elements which you want to use from your code behind and/or from your xaml. If you are using MVVM pattern, you can remove the naming of your controls in almost all the cases.
* Use the Visibility property of the controls instead of the Opacity property to hide the content.
* Use proper formatting of your XAML code. This gives better look of code and also easy to maintain in future.
* Use comments in XAML whenever require.
* Try to use StaticResource instead of DynamicResource as it increases the performance and also it throws exceptions at development time. Hence, easier to identify the root cause.
* Remove unnecessary styles if they are not require at all.
* Try to add your styles in a separate file if you want to share them across your application. If they are specific to a single page then add them in the page resource.
Squeeze Ball Animation in XAML
My First XAML Application
Adding Images to Resource in WPF
How To Make Sure the Silverlight App Gets Keyboard focus
View Previous Comments >>
Type your comment here and press Enter Key....
Hire Mobile & Web Developer
Hire Mobile & Web Developer on demand. 100% satisfaction. Try for 1 week or Money Back. Local and remote developers available all over USA.
Make your own media player Visual Studio 2010
C# Corner Congratulates Vulpes on Achieving 20000+ Points
How to get all the List Content Types using KnockoutJS and CSOM in SharePoint 2013
How to get all the lists using KnockoutJS and CSOM in SharePoint 2013
How to get all the Site Content Types using KnockoutJS and CSOM in SharePoint 2013
How to increase the performance of Web Page
Select Top 3 and nth highest department wise salary from employee master using partition By clause
WPF: Validation with IDataErrorInfo
CBeyond Cloud Services
TERMS & CONDITIONS
©2014 C# Corner. All contents are copyright of their authors.