About Classes used -
- An object of InstalledFontCollection class looks for fonts installed in
Windows before the object is created.
- This FontFamily class encapsulates a set of fonts that make up a font
A font family is a group of fonts that have the same typeface but different
Here I implemented the Code for retrieving the fonts installed on the System.
1. Put the following code at OnClick Event of the Combobox control to
fetch the fonts into it.
private void cbSelectFont_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
//retrieves fonts collection on the system
using (InstalledFontCollection ff
= new InstalledFontCollection())
foreach (FontFamily item in ff.Families) //retrieves
2. (Optional) Now you can apply these fonts for other control(s) also.
(Here I used it for a Label Control)
3. Now execute the Application and see the result (Figure 1).
In this piece of writing, we have seen how to retrieve the installed fonts of
the system using C# Language.