Forum guidelines
AuthorQuestion
advantages and disadvantages of class diagrams in OOAD
Posted on: 14 Apr 2011
hello guys ,sry if my question is not in the right place, i just wanted to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of class diagrams in OOAD?thanks
AuthorReply
Re: advantages and disadvantages of class diagrams in OOAD

refer this sample, might helps you.

Mark as Answer, on the posts reply's that helped you !!!.
thanks for reply,very intresting but all i need is 2 bullet points on each.thanks
:) might you wait for more replies..
Mark as Answer, on the posts reply's that helped you !!!.
The advantages of a class diagram are that:

1. It forces the programmer to think out the structure of his/her classes and how they will interact with each other before actually writing any code. This may lead to a more robust application.

2. It provides a blueprint for maintenance programmers to get an overview of how the application is structured before examining the actual code. This may reduce maintenance time.

The disadvantages are:

1. The programmer may need to learn UML to build the class diagram in the first place.

2. The time spent building the class diagram may add to overall development time.

3. If the class diagram is overcomplicated, then it may be difficult to correlate with the actual code.

ok thanks to you guys ,that is amazing how you all helped me out.thanks again guys ,welldone!
Employers - Post Free Jobs

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.