• Home
  • »
  • WPF
  • »
  • WPF Datagrid Selected Row Styling
AuthorQuestion
WPF Datagrid Selected Row Styling
Posted By Dean on 19 Apr 2011
I have been trying for several hours to apply a custom style to the selected DataGridRow. I have found numerous examples for doing this in XAML however, this must be done in C# code directly as it is created at run time.

Firstly, I have managed to format the selected DataGridRow using the following code:

// Create a trigger for when a row is selected
                Trigger newTrigger = new Trigger();
                newTrigger.Property = DataGridRow.IsSelectedProperty;
                newTrigger.Value = true;

// Set the style for this trigger
                LinearGradientBrush selectedRowBackgroundBrush = new LinearGradientBrush();
                selectedRowBackgroundBrush.StartPoint = new Point(0.5, 0.0);
                selectedRowBackgroundBrush.EndPoint = new Point(0.5, 1.0);
                selectedRowBackgroundBrush.GradientStops.Add(new GradientStop(Colors.Coral, 0));
                selectedRowBackgroundBrush.GradientStops.Add(new GradientStop(Colors.Navy, 0.2)); 
                newTrigger.Setters.Add(new Setter(DataGridRow.BackgroundProperty, selectedRowBackgroundBrush));

// Add the triggers to the row style
                rowStyle.Triggers.Add(newTrigger);
                newDataGrid.RowStyle = rowStyle;

However, the default selection style is still visible over top of my custom one. I have attempted to override the default style for the selected cell to make it invisible but have had no luck. The code i used is:

// Remove the default styling when selecting a row
                Style newStyle = new Style();
                newStyle.TargetType = typeof(DataGridCell);

Trigger newTrigger = new Trigger();
                newTrigger.Property = DataGridCell.IsSelectedProperty;
                newTrigger.Value = true;

newTrigger.Setters.Add(new Setter(DataGridCell.BackgroundProperty, new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(0, 0, 0, 0)))); // Transparent
                newTrigger.Setters.Add(new Setter(DataGridCell.ForegroundProperty, new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(0, 0, 0, 0)))); // Transparent
                newTrigger.Setters.Add(new Setter(DataGridCell.BorderBrushProperty, new SolidColorBrush(Color.FromArgb(0, 0, 0, 0)))); // Transparent
                newTrigger.Setters.Add(new Setter(DataGridCell.BorderThicknessProperty, 0));

newStyle.Triggers.Add(newTrigger);
                newDataGrid.CellStyle = newStyle;

As the default selection style is still visible so this code clearly doesn't work. Does anyone know what I am missing? Hopefully I'm not too far off in right field on this one. I wonder if i need to dive into templates. Also, my datagrid is databound to a datatable containing strings of all information for the datagrid. I wonder if the style I set at creation of the datagrid is not being applied to the new DataGridCells after the datagrid has been filled based on the databound source... Honestly though I have little experience with this and really no idea how to proceed so hopefully someone can point in the right direction.

Thanks!

AuthorReply
Re: WPF Datagrid Selected Row Styling
Posted By Nipun Tomar on 12 May 2011  
For row selection from a datagrid try this:

for (int i = 0; i < dataGrid.Items.Count; i++)
{
    DataGridRow row = (DataGridRow)dataGrid.ItemContainerGenerator.ContainerFromIndex(i);
    TextBlock cellContent = dataGrid.Columns[0].GetCellContent(row) as TextBlock;
    if (cellContent != null && cellContent.Text.Equals(textBox1.Text))
    {
        object item = dataGrid.Items[i];
        dataGrid.SelectedItem = item;
        dataGrid.ScrollIntoView(item);
        row.MoveFocus(new TraversalRequest(FocusNavigationDirection.Next));
        break;
    }
}

And for styling see the link below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jaimer/archive/2009/01/20/styling-microsoft-s-wpf-datagrid.aspx

"Nothing is Impossible If you Believe in Yourself"   Nipun Tomar.
Aspose File APIs

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.