AuthorQuestion
Data integrity proof in cloud storage
Posted By shubhangi khandale on 30 Sep 2011
In which application use Data integrity proof in cloud storage
AuthorReply
Re: Data integrity proof in cloud storage
Posted By Javeed M Shaikh on 06 Oct 2011  
Hi Shubhangi,

Data Integrity proof means that the data which is stored on the cloud by the client is not compromised. One of the important concerns that need to be addressed is to assure the customer of the integrity i.e. correctness of the data in the cloud. As the data is physically not accessible to the user the cloud should provide a way for the user to check if the integrity of his data is maintained or is compromised. and this can be done in ways such as:

A way in which the client can periodically check and verify the data.
The cloud can add verification metadata to the file before storing that the verification before reading the file can be checked as the data storage in the cloud storage archives can be modified by the archive and thereby the integrity of the data is assured.

Please do not forget to mark "Accepted Answer".

Posted By Prabhu Raja on 07 Oct 2011  
I doesn't have much experience about this, but i recommend a Link Click Here
Thank You, Prabhu Raja, www.prabhuraja.com
Posted By shubhangi khandale on 07 Oct 2011  
Thanks
Posted By shubhangi khandale on 09 Oct 2011  
22data integrity proofs in cloud storage.rar I have attach project abstract plz. can u guide on this project
Javeed M Shaikh
accepted
Posted By Javeed M Shaikh on 10 Oct 2011   Accepted Answer
You can try to add the following and giving more details:

you need to consider Non-repudiation i.e. any access to customer data is logged,while retaining the main benefits of a public storage service. Availability: customer data is accessible from any machine and at all times Reliability: customer data is reliably backed up efficient Retrieval: data retrieval times are comparable to a public cloud storage service and Data sharing: customers can share their data with trusted parties.

The core properties of a cryptographic storage service are that (1) control of the data is maintained by the customer and (2) the security properties are derived from cryptography, as opposed to legal mechanisms, physical security or access control. Therefore, such a service provides several compelling advantages over other storage services based on public cloud infrastructures. 

Can you also elaborate more on the core components that make up the Key and the challenge response giving a hypothetical example in your document.

explain about efficiency/advantages of this mechanism based on other well known data integrity mechanism and also the disadvantages.

Please do not forget to mark "Accepted Answer".

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.