Forum guidelines
AuthorQuestion
Shall I Buy C# 4.0 Books Or Wait For 5.0?
Posted By Jan Kowalski on 05 Feb 2012
Hello!
I am a completely new to programming, and I would like to learn C#. My college gave me really poor materials and I'm looking forward to buy some good books ("Head First C#" and "C# in a Nutshell"). However AFAIK in April MS is going to release new Framework 4.5, C# 5.0 and Visual Studio 2012. Because of that I am totally confused to buy or not books for ~50 £. Driven by frugality I am warmly asking you for advice - shall I wait till new versions will be released OR jumping from 4.0 to 5.0 will be like a one weekend reading changelog with no reason to buy new books.

Thanks in advance!

*Sorry for terrible English

AuthorReply
Mahesh Chand
accepted
Re: Shall I Buy C# 4.0 Books Or Wait For 5.0?
Posted By Mahesh Chand on 05 Feb 2012   Accepted Answer
If you can wait till C# 5.0 is launched, you should. I am sure there are many free books out there. Start here: 
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Beginners/ 

But even you get a book on C# 4.0, language will still be same accept some minor upgrades. But you do not want to buy Visual Studio 2010 book because Visual Studio 2012 will have a lot more UI changes. 

C# Corner
Posted By Sam Hobbs on 05 Feb 2012  
If you can get a good deal on the books that will soon be outdated then they will likely still be useful. There are many books that booksellers in Amazon sell for a penny or a little more plus postage. You can probably find the bookseller's direct web site and save on postage for multiple books.
Thinking is a feeling; pleasant for some and unpleasant for others.
Posted By Jan Kowalski on 06 Feb 2012  
Thank you both for answers!

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.