Employers - Post Free Jobs
Forum guidelines
AuthorQuestion
updating textbox values dynamically
Posted on: 17 Dec 2012

i have 2 template field columns time and total_time in a gridview..

time column has a label in the item template and a textbox in th edit item template..

similarly, total_time has a label in the item template and a textbox in the edit item templte..

what i need is, when the user enters a value in the time textbox,it must get updated in the total_time textbox.. and on edit,when the user changes the value of the time textbox ,dis value must be ADDED to the total_time textbox.. both should be displayed in the label also..

plzzz help asap!!

AuthorReply
Re: updating textbox values dynamically
Posted on: 17 Dec 2012  
demo.zip Hi,

Download the attached code, It'll help you resolve this issue.

Posted on: 18 Dec 2012  
ur code is workin fine.. but for me, the total_time label is displayin nothing... its blank.. and even gridview is not getting bound using sqldatasource1...
Posted on: 18 Dec 2012  
and also wen v try to edit the 2nd time, the value in total_time textbox shouldnt be changed.. the new value must be added to the already existing value..
Posted on: 19 Dec 2012  
Hi Archana,

You need to manage the state of data source or fetch data after updating accordingly. Actually, it's just an example, you're searching for, not a final solution.

If you need more help, you need to upload your code with data source.

Employers - Post Free Jobs

SPONSORED BY

Offshore Software and Database Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.