Forum guidelines
AuthorQuestion
Ajax ModalPopUpExtender In GridView Example To Show Master
Posted on: 17 Dec 2012
ticketentry.rar Hi,      
  Ajax ModalPopUpExtender In GridView Example To Show Master Detail Or Parent Child Data As PopUp using asp.net design pattern.i tried but,i getting error.please help me on this issue,its very useful to me
(When i Click on the link butoon in gridview ,table2 data should appear)
Here is my complete code with database.

ERROR:

'Data source is an invalid type. It must be either an IListSource, IEnumerable, or IDataSource.'

krayudu.v
AuthorReply
Re: how to show grid view row data in modelpopup,when we click on DepartmentID
Posted on: 19 Dec 2012  
at row databound event bind the script for popup

or

at design time while setting up your item template set up a script code for pop up.

Re: Ajax ModalPopUpExtender In GridView Example To Show Master
Posted on: 27 Jun 2013  
In the earlier days , we have often used the combination of GridView and DetailView to display the Master-Details. Similarly, developers have used pop-ups to show the similar scenarios where a user clicks on a gridview row and the details are displayed in a pop-up window.

Here I am exploring the ModalPopupExtender control which allows a page to display contents in a modal manner. Here we will display Order-Customer scenario using the ModalPopup extender. For demonstration purpose, I am using Orders and Customers table. Initially we fetch and display data from Orders table in a GridView. The CustomerCode will be a link which enables to view customer's detail using ModalPopup extender.....[Continue]

SPONSORED BY

Offshore Software and Database Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.