This alternative is free, mostly automated (no renaming of folders) but it requires a separate application, i.e. Thunderbird
- Install Thunderbird. On first launch, tell it to import from Outlook (not Outlook Express).
- It will import account settings, contacts and email.
- Copy your Thunderbird profile (XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your userid>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<your profile>.default, Vista/7:
C:\Users\<your userid>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\<your profile>.default) to your Mac. Several methods can be used to perform the copy operation:
- If both computers are on the same network, file sharing can be used.
- If the computers are NOT on the same network, the fastest approach is to zip-compress the profile folder in Windows, put it on an external storage device, bring the device to your Mac, connect it, and decompress the zip file.
- Start the Mail application and go to File > Import.
- Select Thunderbird and point it to the profile folder you copied to your Mac. The imported mail will be under "On My Mac".
- To be safe, you can go to "Mailbox > Rebuild" inside Mail to make sure there's no corruption resulting from the import.
Else you can try the tool suggested in the post above.
Here is another link to the tool Pst Converter Pro: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pst-converter-pro/id446401009?mt=12