By default this feature is not enabled but interested people can enable it using either of the following 2 methods.
Method 1: Using the Metro UI
- Launch Metro IE by clicking on the Internet Explorer tile on the Start Screen.
- Move your mouse cursor to top-right corner of the screen and click on the Settings option from the Charms Bar. Alternatively, you can press the Win+C keys together to access the Charms Bar.
- Now click on "Internet Options" given in the right sidebar.
- It'll open the Metro IE settings page. Scroll down a little and set the option "Turn on flip ahead" to On.
Method 2: Using Desktop IE
You can also enable the flip ahead feature using the Desktop version of Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and select "Internet options" from the Tools menu.
- Go to the "Advanced" tab and scroll down a little to get the "Enable flip ahead" option present in the Browsing section.
- Enable the option and apply the changes.
Now you are ready to enjoy the new "Flip ahead" feature in Internet Explorer 10 present in Windows 8.
According to Microsoft, if you enable this option, your browsing history will be sent to Microsoft to improve how flip ahead works.