Now we had a .vhd image containing default
installation of Windows server 2008 R2. Connect to the virtual
machine created and starts it.
- After login, it shows the desktop of virtual machine. Now from All Programs -> Administrative Tools, launch Server Manager.
- Select the role node and click Add Roles.
- In the Server Roles step, select the Web Server (IIS), and click Next.
- Now on the Web Server (IIS) step click Next.
- On the Role Services step click Next.
- Now on the Confirmation step, check Web server is included for the installation. And then click Install.
- When installation is complete, click Close.
- Next, in Server Manager, select the Features node and then click Add Features. We can see that Web Server IIS tools are already in the features list.
- In the Features step, expand the .Net framework 3.5.1 Features and tick .Net Framework 3.5.1 and click Next.
- On the Confirmation step, Click Install.
- After the features are installed, on Results step, click Close.
- Now open the Windows Update control panel, and on the Change Settings page, select the option labeled Never check for updates (not recommended) and then click OK.
- Now check for available updates and install the updates.