is Part 7
Toolbox is very-very important building block of .NET Framework. Toolbox is an
area where all the controls existed. It helps the developer to develop any
application very quickly, only drag the control from the toolbox and drop it on
the form. To change its properties we have to select the control and make the
properties changes from Properties window. We can do it manually by writing
code-behind. There are over 100 controls available in ASP.NET 4.0. I am listing
here all the controls available in ASP.NET 4.0 and writing some lines on each of
8. Dynamic Data Controls:
ASP.NET Dynamic Data Controls are used to obtain schema information at run time.
These controls also provide default display formats according to common user
expectations and enable us to easily customize these formats.
- Pointer: It is just a pointer. If we drag any other control on form it causes to create that control on form but pointer does not create any control on form. In other word we can say, we select it for to ignore any other selected control.
- DynamicControl: This control is a secondary control used by template data-bound controls like FormView, ListView controls to display data field that uses ASP.NET Dynamic Data features in custom web page.
- DynamicDataManager: This control is used to provide the glue between data-bound control, data source control and dynamic data, to manage the data dynamically at run time.
- DynamicEntity: This control is used to load control dynamically from DynamicData. It represents an entity for use by ASP.NET Dynamic Data.
- DynamicFilter: This control is used to filter the table data or say row using any specified column from existing table.
- DynamicHyperLink: This control is used to create hyperlinks based on table actions that enabled by Dynamic Data. It displays the insert, edit and delete like hyperlinks based defined rules.
- DynamicValidator: This control is used with data fields or say data entities to catch the exceptions that are thrown by Dynamic Data.
Note1: Keep visiting to my articles, you will find different articles on
different controls separately in coming days.
Note2: Continue in next part.
HAVE A GREAT CODING!