In this article you will see how to configure a Business Data Connectivity Service Application in SharePoint 2013.
- Verify that you have one of the following administrative credentials:
- Member of the farm administrator group
- Member of the farm administrator group on the server running the SharePoint Central Administration.
- Open Central Administration.
- Click on Manage service applications which is available in the Application Management section.
Figure 2-1 Application Management section in SharePoint 2013
- In the ribbon interface click on the Service Applications tab, click on the drop down arrow in the New button which is available in the Create group.
Figure 2-2 New button in ribbon interface to create new service application
- Click on Business Data Connectivity Service.
- Enter the Service Application Name as Business Connectivity Service, Database Server and Database Name as shown in Figure 2-3.
- Select "Create new application pool" and enter BCSAppPool in the Application pool Name as shown in Figure 2-3.
Figure 2-3 Specify the settings for the new Business Data Connectivity Service Application
- Select the managed account from the Configurable drop down as shown in Figure 2-3.
- Click on Ok.
- A Business Data Connectivity Service Application is created successfully as shown in Figure 2-4.
Figure 2-4 New Business Data Connectivity Service Application created successfully
Thus in this article you have seen how to create a Business Data Connectivity Service Application in SharePoint 2013 through Central Administration.