iPhone Introduction & iOS Ecosystem
In this article I will describe basics of iPhone and iOS Technology Compare it to another technology.
Number of mobile operating system available in
- Samsung Bada
Mobile Domain: Ecosystem
- Nokia OVI
- Apple App Store
- Android Market
- In this technology we use Picker
- we use Switch and implement it via toggle
- To show current location we use map
- To move one page to another we use Navigation & Tab
- Now to adjust Pixel we use Retina Display in 4G
- Multi touch Facility
- we use Face-time for Video Calling
- Use Notifications Keeps you Up-to-date
- Accelerometer used in game application.
iPhone Application Industry
- Mobile Application Marketplace will reach $25 billion by 2015.
- And apples app store will be responsible for 25% growth in that total revenue.
Need for iPhone Apps
- Basically internet uses like Web browsing, Emails,etc.
- Best way of networking (Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare)
- Day to day entertainment like Games.
- Location based service like Google map.
Some More App Examples
- iMovie etc.
What is iOS?
iOS stands for iPhone Operating System (Known
as iPhone OS prior to June 2010) is Apple's mobile operating system. Originally
it is developed for iPhone But now it has since been extended to support other
Apple devices such as the iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV.
iOS History & Evolutions
iOS Technology Overview
These are the tool used in this technology
- iOS Architecture
- iOS Layers
- iOS SDK
- Development Environment
- iOS Reference Library
Using this layered architecture we describe iOS system of
- Cocoa Touch
1. UIKit Framework
2. Map Kit Framework
3. EventKitUI Framework
1. Core Audio Framework
2. Core Graphics Framework
3. Core MIDI Framework
- Core Services
1. Core Data Framework
2. CFNetwork Framework
3. Core Location
- Core OS
1. Security Framework
2. External Accessory Framework
iOS SDK & Development Environment
Only work on Mac-based System
- Xcode IDE
- Interface Builder
- API Documentation
- iOS Simulator
Types of iOS Applications
To understand iOS application we use these terms
- Native Apps
1. Navigation Based :- In this we use Navigation bar
2. Tab Based :- In this we use tab bar
3. Combo: Navigation, Tab and Modal
- Web Apps
1. Maps (ios6 Comes with device)
2. Dash Code (Tool For Web Apps )