Here you get very basic idea of LINQ to SQL Query using code.
Step by step Linq to SQL
1. Open visual studio 2008 and create a new project --> Web --> ASP.NET Web Application --> LinqBasic(Project Name)
2. Once project is load we need to create a database.
3. Right Click the App_data --> Add --> New Item
4. Select SQL Server Database --> give the database name as "Employee.mdf" and Click the "Add" button
5. Now open the "Server Explorer" go to employee database create a new table with following fields.
Table name: emp
6. Insert the data into "emp" table
7. Now we can add a LINQ to SQL Class
8. Right click on "LinqBasic" Application > Add > New Item
9. Select "LINQ to SQL Classes" Name as "LinqtoEmp.dbml" and click add.
10. Now you will get "Object Relational Designer " window
11. Drag and drop the "emp" table from "server explorer" to "Object Relational Designer". It should appear as follows.
12. Save all and build.
13. Now open default.aspx and change title tag as you like.
14. Switch to design view. Drag and drop the "GridView" from Toolbox to designer view.
15. Right click and select code view.
16. Paste this code I your page load event.
Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
LinqtoEmpDataContext LinqEmp = new LinqtoEmpDataContext();
var emplist = from
em in LinqEmp.emps select
GridView1.DataSource = emplist;
17. Build and run the application.