What is SharePoint modern site page?
- This is one of the new features in SharePoint 2016.
- Modern team site pages are fast, easy to author and support rich multimedia content. And pages look great on any device, in a browser or from within the SharePoint app.
- SPFX (SharePoint Client site Framework) web part can easily add in modern pages.
- These pages are built with the Web parts, which you can customize according to your requirements. We can add the things given below in SP modern site pages.
- Yammer embed feeds
- Site Activities
- Using pages is a great way to communicate and share your ideas such as status and trip reports, how-to write write-ups, know-before-you-go guides and frequently asked questions.
Follow the steps given below to create a modern site pages.
Before you create modern page, you should activate the Site Pages feature on your SharePoint site.
Activate the site page feature
Open your SharePoint site.
Go to site settings, using Gear menu.
On site settings page, select Manage site features from site action section, as shown below.
Now, scroll down the site feature page and activate the Site Pages Features.
Finally, site pages feature will be activated successfully.
Create modern site page
Once we have activated the site page feature; we can create a modern site pages on our site.
To create modern site page, follow the steps given below.
On your SharePoint site, go to site contents page, using Gear menu or using navigation.
Now, open the site pages library on the site contents page.
On Site pages library, click the files options from top ribbon bar, as shown below.
From the top ribbon, select the New Document, you will get the dropdown, as shown below.
Click Site page option from the dropdown.
When you click the site page, you will navigate to the modern site page.
Provide the name for the page, click Save and close option to save the page.
Finally, modern site page will be created successfully.
In this article, we have explored what modern pages are and how to create new modern pages on SharePoint Online site.