This configuration will help companies to choose what kind of farm they want to use for their purpose of maintaining SharePoint in their organization. You can choose standard or enterprise type of license.
How to configure it?
Let’s open Central Admin of SharePoint on your machine. On your Windows desktop screen, click Start >> Administrative Tools >> SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Run it as an administrator to have elevated privileges.
- You will see the screenshot given below.
- Central Admin is configured under the categories given above.
- Click on "Upgrade and Migration".
- Go to "Upgrade and Patch Management".
- Click on “Convert farm license type“.
- You will see the screen below.
Here you just need to enter a 25 character product key which you will receive when you will purchase the product from Microsoft.
Enter the key and based on your solution purchased, the server will act as Standard or Enterprise server license farm.
Once you click on OK, the key entered by you will be added by default farm account on the central admin server.
In this article, we saw how to convert farm license type in SharePoint 2013 Central Administration. There are more articles to come on Central Administration. Until then, keep reading and keep learning!