This configuration will help the admins to configure the ability to choose standard or enterprise features as farm license in the Central Admin Server.
How to configure it?
Let’s open Central Admin of SharePoint on your machine. On your Windows desktop screen, click Start >> Administrative Tools >> SharePoint 2013 Central Administration.
- Run it as an administrator to have elevated privileges.
- You will see the screenshot given below.
- Central Admin is configured under the categories given above.
- Click on "Upgrade and Migration".
- Go to "Upgrade and Patch Management".
- Click on “Enable Enterprise Features“.
- You will see the screen below.
Here, you just need to select the option "Enterprise" if you want to switch to an enterprise solution but you cannot come back to standard after using Enterprise.
Kindly note that this configuration should be done only once after each installation.
Once you click on OK, the selected feature will be added to the farm account by default on the Central Admin Server.
In this article, we saw how to enable Enterprise feature in SharePoint 2013 Central Administration. There are more articles to come on Central Administration. Until then, keep reading and keep learning!