I was trying to build a custom web app in Access 2013. The configuration of App model "On Premise" is not completely documented at a single location. After refering to blogs and posts for configuration for "On-Premise" I reached to a stage where the App was hsoted on the Web Application and the tables and custom database was created on SQL Server instance. But Secure Store connection was giving an issue. I decided to go with OFfice 365 version of SharePoint and the app worked on the cloud. The learning of which is as follows
- You cannot change Primary Keys in the table you create. By default an ID with AutoNumber is the primary key.
- No easy option to write code routines. The GUI is okay for smaller snippets not for long routines.
- No user freindly error messages - all you see it "Something went wrong" - and when you click on Technical Details you only see a correlation ID.
- No easy way of debugging.
- Very little help and learning material on Microsoft site.
Hopefully with time and upgrades - the building of apps becomes much more enjoyable experience.