Many New Features have been provided with the
New SQL Server 2012. In this Blog I had provided these features in the way of
difference between the older and New version of SQl Server. SQL Server 2012
- Its Code Name is Denali.
- Its have unlimited concurrent connections.
- New Function Are available such as CONCAT(),
FORMAT() and TRY_CONVERT().
- Data visualization is available by which we
can take snapshot of data.
- It Use 48 bit precision for Spatial
- In this Server, server down time is reduced
by 50% , hence OS patching is not rebooting n times.
- This Server Have high availability and
disaster recovery factor has been introduced which duplicates the data and
rapidly recovers the loss.
- In SQL Server 2012, the performance is 10
times faster than the predecessor.
- Buffer rate is high in SQL Server 2012
because of data compression.
- Support for persistent computed columns
and extra geographical approach is possible with spatial features in SQL Server
SQL Server 2008
- Its Code Name is Kilimanjaro.
- Its have limited concurrent connections
which are 32767.
- There are No New Function Are
available such as CONCAT(), FORMAT() and TRY_CONVERT().
- There are No Data visualization
available by which we can take snapshot of data.
- It Use 27 bit precision for Spatial
- In this Server, rebooting is requisite for
OS patching , hence server down time is high.
- This Server does not have this
feature of availability groups, hence fast recovery is not possible.
- SQL Server 2008 is slow compared to
SQL Server 2012.
- Buffer rate is less because there is no
data redundancy in SQL Server 2008.
- Spatial features are not supported more in
SQL Server 2008 R2. Instead a traditional way for geographical elements have
been set in SQL Server 2008.