Difference between SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012
In this blog differences between SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012 are shown
Many New Features have been provided with the
New SQL Server 2012. In this Blog I had provided these features in the way of
difference between the older and New version of SQl Server. SQL Server 2012
- Its Code Name is Denali.
- Its have unlimited concurrent connections.
- New Function Are available such as CONCAT(),
FORMAT() and TRY_CONVERT().
- Data visualization is available by which we
can take snapshot of data.
- It Use 48 bit precision for Spatial
- In this Server, server down time is reduced
by 50% , hence OS patching is not rebooting n times.
- This Server Have high availability and
disaster recovery factor has been introduced which duplicates the data and
rapidly recovers the loss.
- In SQL Server 2012, the performance is 10
times faster than the predecessor.
- Buffer rate is high in SQL Server 2012
because of data compression.
- Support for persistent computed columns
and extra geographical approach is possible with spatial features in SQL Server
SQL Server 2008
- Its Code Name is Kilimanjaro.
- Its have limited concurrent connections
which are 32767.
- There are No New Function Are
available such as CONCAT(), FORMAT() and TRY_CONVERT().
- There are No Data visualization
available by which we can take snapshot of data.
- It Use 27 bit precision for Spatial
- In this Server, rebooting is requisite for
OS patching , hence server down time is high.
- This Server does not have this
feature of availability groups, hence fast recovery is not possible.
- SQL Server 2008 is slow compared to
SQL Server 2012.
- Buffer rate is less because there is no
data redundancy in SQL Server 2008.
- Spatial features are not supported more in
SQL Server 2008 R2. Instead a traditional way for geographical elements have
been set in SQL Server 2008.