Forum guidelines
AuthorQuestion
how to create the Dashboard using Asp.net C#
Posted By Vithal Wadje on 28 Sep 2012
Hi,

I have a one Web application...named Task Management System.

one is the admin user who assign the some task to the her employee

and other user are employee who sees the task assigned by admin after login in a application

But the problem is that when emloyee login in a application at that he requires to check the task whether the task is given by admin or not by using view task option

But i wants whenever employee login into the application task page (dash board) Must be shown to him..if admin assigns the task, without Performing the view task option

please provide a solution..

thanks in advance

Vithal Wadje
AuthorReply
Shivanand Arur
accepted
Re: how to create the Dashboard using Asp.net C#
Posted By Shivanand Arur on 28 Sep 2012   Accepted Answer
Hey Vithal, 

You can create a table in a database which will contain these column values as mentioned below. 
So if the Admin has assigned her employee a task, just pass the required parameters for that table and set the status to one.

Table Can Contain Columns like...

Table Name : Tbl_DashBoardStatus
Columns:
"Admin Name", 
"Task Assigned"(Name of the Task), 
"Task Assigned Date", 
"EmpName", 
"EmpID", (This Column will act as a Foreign Key for this table. It will be the Primary key of the Employee Table)
"TaskStatus"(This is a Flag which can contains values like "Complete" and "Incomplete" or you can even store 1 for Incomplete and 0 for Complete)

Later, when the Employee Logs in just fetch the Employee ID and pass it as a Parameter to the Select Statement of your Stored Procedure and fetch the "Task Status" for that Employee... If you get value as 1 then Redirect the User to the DashBoard Page else let him go to the ViewTask Page or any other page where you want.

Brief Explanation -
Create a method which will fetch the Employee ID and pass it as a Parameter to a Stored Procedure..(Call this method in the Login Button Click Event) This Stored Procedure will give you the Task Status based on the Employee ID you have passed. If it is 1 then re-direct the User to the DashBoard Page else redirect him to another page wherever you want.

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT...
PLEASE MARK THE ANSWER As ACCEPTED IF IT HELPED YOU!!!

Thank you,
Shivanand Arur.

Keep Sharing **** Keep Caring PLEASE MARK MY ANSWER AS ACCEPTED IF IT HELPED YOU!!!
Posted By Vithal Wadje on 29 Sep 2012  
again thanks u sir..i got valuable solution from u
Vithal Wadje
Posted By Shivanand Arur on 29 Sep 2012  
No problem Vithal... We are here to care and share knowledge with other Developers and that's what I did.... :) U are welcome though... :)
Keep Sharing **** Keep Caring PLEASE MARK MY ANSWER AS ACCEPTED IF IT HELPED YOU!!!
Posted By Vithal Wadje on 19 Oct 2012  
Shivanand Arur Sir I have done it using Ajax model popUp extender and Gridview and soon i will be submit it on my blog
Vithal Wadje

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.