Asrar UlHaq

Asrar UlHaq

• NA

Unable to restore Sharepoint 2013 web application from produ

Dec 31 2016 3:15 AM

Hi guys, Hope everyone is doing well.

our public facing website has developed in sp 2013, I want to restore the web site from production to testing.

Basically we have one web application in production and that application has 2 site collections, thus the reason I have taken the backup of web application from production server using powershell and copied the folder in testing environment.

and created new web application in testing environment and then created a site collection, then tried to restore using following powershell command

1. Restore-SPFarm -Directory'E:\Backup_20161225_040004' -Restoremethod Overwrite -Item 'SharePoint - 16568' -Verbose  
and I'm getting following error

And in log files I'm getting following errors related to databse

Cannot connect to SQL Server. 10.0.7.11 not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Connection Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement. This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=1; handshake=15921;

12/30/2016 18:24:30.87 OWSTIMER (0x1B84) 0x28BC SharePoint Foundation Upgrade SPUpgradeSession ajxme ERROR Exception: Connection Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login handshake acknowledgement. This could be because the pre-login handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in time. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=1; handshake=15275; 1628c69d-d002-7017-4531-85c6d0baef70

But I'm still able to view existing sites and can create new web applicatios and all..

May I please know why I'm getting this error and how to resolve it.

Answers (2)