dc

dc

• NA

vb.net 2010 string formatting

Sep 20 2016 11:46 PM
In a vb.net 2010 desktop application, I have the following code that needs to be modified somehow.
if _dtHealthofChild.Rows.Count() > 0 Then
For i = 0 To _dtHealthofChild.Rows.Count() - 1
If _dtHealthofChild.Rows(i)(_dtHealthofChild.Columns(4).ColumnName()).ToString() <> "" Then
For j = 0 To Len(_dtHealthofChild.Rows(i)(_dtHealthofChild.Columns(4).ColumnName()).ToString()) - 1 Step 75
_htmlTable.Append(_dtHealthofChild.Rows(i)(_dtHealthofChild.Columns(4).ColumnName()).ToString().Substring(j,j + intMsgLen) + "<br />")
Next
End If
ElseIf _dtHealthofChild.Rows.Count() = 0 Then
_htmlTable.Append("Unverified/Unknown")
End if
What I need to do is to load data from a collection where the data can be up to 250 characters into an area that can be up to 75 character on each output line. The data is loaded into an htmltable and the results are exported to a PDF document. The collection data is obtained obtained from a call to a sql server 2012 database.
Thus I would like to see how the above code can be changed so the output data 'wraps' to the next line where the lines would be only up yo 75 characters. Otherwise I would like to know how to change the above code so that the data per line only shows 75 characters.
Thus can you show me the code on how I can change the code listed above, suggestions of how I can change the code above and/or a link that I can use as a reference.

Answers (1)