dc

dc

• NA

web form 2010 display error message

Aug 16 2016 11:02 AM

In a vb.net 2010 web form application, I want to create an error message when the user clicks on a checkbox or a process button. This error message will occur when there is a duplicate record when the same school year appears for the same student.

The problem of the student having more than 1 record for the same school year is nothing I can change since my school is using vendor software. I just basically want to tell the user to fix the problem using the vendor software and then they rerun my supporting web form application.

My goal is to keep the user on the current web form page they are on and allow them to do whatever processing  they need to do for another student.

Thus my question is what is the best way to display the error message? Would I use a javascript alert, a regular alert, place the error message within the web page, and/or something you would recommend?

Would you tell me:

1. Why you recommend a particular method?

2. Would you show me the code on how to accomplish this goal and/or point me to the url that will show how to generate this code?

Answers (1)