Windows 8 RTM is Available Now
Windows 8 RTM is available now and MSDN members will have access to Windows 8 on Aug 15.
Windows 8 RTM is available now.
In a blog published by Windows 8 team: "Today, I am excited to announce that Windows 8 has been released to manufacturing (RTM)! This means we’ve completed the product development and testing of the product and have started handing off the final code to our OEM partners. They can now begin preparing new Windows 8 PCs and devices they’ll introduce starting with General Availability. For more on RTM, I suggest reading this blog post from Steven Sinofsky on the Building Windows 8 blog."
Here are some more important dates published on the blog:
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Learn Windows 8
C# Corner members have continue to contribute articles and tutorials on Windows 8 section. Check out hundreds of articles and tutorials.
Build Windows 8 Applications
Metro style apps are the way to develop and deploy Windows 8 apps. Get started with metro style apps development by reading articles and tutorials in Metro Style Apps section. You can build Metro Style apps using Visual Studio 2012. Check out Visual Studio 2012 section for more details.