In this article we will be seeing how to create InfoPath form for SharePoint
I have created a custom list named "Custom" which has the following columns
For this list I am going to create an InfoPath form which will be used as
New/Edit form in the list. New form for the list looks like the following
Note: None of the columns is mandatory in Custom list
Create an InfoPath form:
- Open Microsoft InfoPath Designer 2010.
- Go to File => New => Click on SharePoint List from Available Form Templates
- Data Connection Wizard will popup, enter the site URL.
- Click on Next.
- Select Customize an existing SharePoint list and then select Custom which is a custom list.
- Click on Finish.
- You could see the InfoPath form with the following columns
Publish the InfoPath form to SharePoint:
- Go to File => Info and then click on Quick Publish.
- Form template is successfully published.
InfoPath form in SharePoint Edit or New
- Open the SharePoint Site.
- Go to Custom List and add a new item.
- New form will be an InfoPath form as shown in the following.
How to use the Default SharePoint form:
- Go to List Settings.
- In the General Settings, click on Form Settings.
- You can select the Default SharePoint form or you can modify the existing InfoPath form.