Microsoft has launched Windows 8. Windows 8 is available with many enhancements packed in it, including a new set of applications from Bing, namely News, Sports, and Travel and Apps installed by default include Mail, Calendar, People, Maps, Weather, Internet Explorer, Music and Video players, Weather, and several apps and other interesting apps and features. But some features are not preinstalled in Windows 8. We need to add these features to use them.
In this article we are goig to learn how to add new features into Windows 8 Release Preview namely Windows Media Center.
Windows Media Center is not preinstalled in Windows 8 Release Preview. If you want to use Windows Media Center, then you have to add this feature manually into Windows 8.
The following are the steps to add features into Windows 8.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- Enter Control Panel in the search box. It will display at the right side.
- Then, go to System and Security.
- Then, click to the System from the option.
- Click on the link Get more feature with a new edition of Windows 8.
- Click I already have a product key.
- Enter this product key: MBFBV-W3DP2-2MVKN-PJCQD-KKTF7 and then click Next.
- Select the checkbox to accept the license terms and then click Add features.
- The wizard will then install the upgrade, downloading any necessary files it may need.
- Your PC will restart to add your features in Windows 8.
- Then, you get a message window saying Thanks. Now the feature is ready to use. Click on the close button.
- Windows Media Center will now be on your PC and the tile will be pinned to the Start screen.