Elin

Elin

• NA

Beginner in C#.. String Arrays

Nov 10 2015 8:20 AM
Hi guys! Sorry for disturbing you with a probably "simple" question to you. I'm a beginner in C# and I've spent sooo many hours and days with a homework I can't seem to figure out :( I'm not asking you to solve my homework but if someone just could explain how to get on track I would be eternally grateful. I'm supposed to create a "program" with a "bag/backpack" where the user in the beginning gets the options what he/she wants to do with it: 1. Add stuff/items 2. Empty bag 3.Print out whats in the bag. 4.Quit program. I'm having a real hard time figuring out how to add the stuff, then empty it and then be able to do that as many times as the user want.. I'm guessing I have to use loops and of course arrays to store the input information..  Is there an easier way to do this? How can I "empty" an array? Feels like my head is burning right now.. I'm doing it completely wrong and probably overthinking. I'm guessing this is probably really easy for you guys so it's kind of embarrassing to even ask but would be SO grateful if you could give me pointers or if you have some good links how to store strings in arrays etc. This is something I'm doing at the side of my day time job because I REALLY want to learn and I think it's so interesting, but I keep getting stuck on these things, and I really don't want to give up the course.

Answers (4)