What is Naming Convention?
Naming convention is something which answers a question “How to name an element.”
In programming, it can be defined as set of rules which tells how a identifier will be named, like
- What all characters are permissible?
- How it should be formatted or organized?
And so on...
When it comes to naming, it's a quite contentious topic.
Why Naming Convention is required?
Try to read the following word.
It's challenging to read it in a single glance.
Now try to read this one
The answer is
- Respectable programming is that where code is healthy written, which can be easily read and apprehend.
And for readability naming convention is must. No one can read my name if I write like “sukeshmarla”, but can if it's like “Sukesh Marla”.
- When we talk about a project, we have a team. And it will be a very difficult when every programmer in a team use his own way or standard for defining variables. Difficulties in both management and understanding. It becomes even more difficult when a team member resigns and new guys take handover
So why every company defines centralized Naming Conventions and brings consistency.
- Readability and consistency reduced effort needed to read and understand the code (especially written by other developers).
- A proper naming convention with modern enhanced Intellisense feature drastically improves the development speed.
For more about naming convention click here
For training related to design patterns,C#,jQuery and other .net related topics contact SukeshMarla@Gmail.com