Create Document Templates for Document Libraries
In SharePoint we have a good feature that helps protecting source for document templates.
In SharePoint we have a good feature that helps protecting source for document
templates. Using Document Content, we can create document templates that users
can choose from by clicking "New" button in document library. Users can edit and
save without over-writing or changing the
1. Before starting we should have a Document Library created for this. Now we
can go and create the content type
2. G to Site Actions > Site Settings
3. Under the Galleries section, click on Site Content Types
4. You have to give your Content Type a name and description.
5. In Parent Content Type section chooses "Select parent content type from:
Document Content Types" and "Parent Content Type: Document"
6. You can create a new group if you want for the Content Type
7. Click OK
8. Once you done click on Advanced Settings
9. From here upload your template
9. Go to your document library you have created in the step 1
10. Click Settings then document library settings
11. From the advanced settings select the option of Allow management of content
types? To Yes
12. Select Add from existing content types and select the content type that we
Now you go to your document library and click on New you can see our template
also added there