In this article I am explaining, how to update a list item using share point designer.
This is my list say Task List.
Here I am updating the list Item % complete to 100, if the Status is completed while editing or adding event item.
- First of all you have to open your web application in sharepoint designer
- You have to go to File --> New --> Work Flow as shown below
- From the next screen, you have to give a name for your work flow.
- Select the List where you want to incorporate the work flow from the second drop down as shown below
- Select automatically start this work flow when new item is added or changed.
- Click Next
- From the next screen select "Conditions" then "Compare Task Field"
- From the next screen, select the field you want to compare. I selected Status the value you set as completed.
- Then click on "Actions", then select "Update List Item"
- From the next screen click "This List" then select "Current Item" from the List drop down
- Click on Add button Select Set Field value as " % complete" To This Value as 100.
- Click OK and Finish. You are done
- You can see in the above screen. I didn't filled the value for % complete but I made the status as completed
- In the below screen you can see it is updated with 100%