1. What's new HTML 5 DocType and Charset?
Since HTML 5 is now not a subset of SGML, its DocType is simplified as follows:
And HTML 5 uses UTF-8 encoding as follows:
2. How can we embed Audio in HTML 5?
HTML 5 comes with a standard way of embedding audio files. Supported audio formats are MP3, Wav and Ogg.
<source src="jamshed.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does'nt support audio embedding feature.
3. How can we embed Video in HTML 5?
The same as for audio, HTML 5 defines a standard way to embed video files. Supported video formats are MP4, WebM and Ogg.
<video width="450" height="340" controls>
<source src="jamshed.mp4" type="video/mp4">
Your browser does'nt support video embedding feature.
4. What are the new media elements in HTML 5 other than audio and video?
HTML 5 has strong support for media. Other than audio and video tags, it comes with the following tags:
- <embed> acts as a container for external applications.
- <track> defines text track for media.
- <source> is helpful for multiple media sources for audio and video.
5. What is the usage of a canvas element in HTML 5?
This element behaves like a container for graphics and the rest will be done by scripting. We can draw images, graphs and a bit of animations etcetera using a <canvas> element.
<canvas id="canvas1" width="300" height="100">
6. What are the various types of storage in HTML 5?
HTML 5 has the capability to store data locally. Previously it was done using cookies.
The exciting thing about this storage is that it's fast as well as secure. There are two different objects that can be used to store data.
- localStorage object stores data for a longer period of time even if the browser is closed.
- sessionStorage object stores data for a specific session.
7. What are the new Form Elements introduced in HTML 5?
There are a number of new form elements that have been introduced in HTML 5 as follows:
8. What are the deprecated Elements in HTML5 from HTML4?
Elements that are deprecated from HTML 4 to HTML 5 are:
9. What are the new APIs provided by the HTML 5 standard?
The HTML 5 standard comes with a number of new APIs. A few of them are as follows:
- Media API
- Text Track API
- Application Cache API
- User Interaction
- Data Transfer API
- Command API
- Constraint Validation API
- History API
- And many more....
10. What is the difference between HTML 5 Application Cache and regular HTML Browser Cache?
As compared with traditional browser caching, it's not compulsory for the user to visit website contents to be cached.