Forum guidelines
  • Home
  • »
  • .NET 5.0
  • »
  • The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
AuthorQuestion
The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Posted By vijay on 01 Feb 2011
Hello,

When i try to read data from .xlsx, that time its given me the following error.

i have used following connection string and also Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 has been installed on server.

if (strFileType.Trim() == ".xls")
            {
                connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + strNewPath + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";
            }
            else if (strFileType.Trim() == ".xlsx")
            {
               connString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + strNewPath + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";  

}

If any one know about this error please help me.

Thanks

AuthorReply
Re: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Posted By Suthish Nair on 01 Feb 2011  

refer msdn forum
try, changing the advanced compile configuration to x86 found in the programs properties if your running 64 bit system.

Mark as Answer, on the posts reply's that helped you !!!.
Re: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
Posted By Sam Hobbs on 01 Feb 2011  

I assume that the problem is due to your application executing in a 64-bit version of Windows and that system does not have a 64-bit version of OLEDB. If so the Suthish's suggestion should work.
Years ago, Microsoft decided they wanted to discontinue support of some databases such as Access. I forget if that includes OLEDB for Excel but I think so. So they did not create 64-bit versions and we had to use 32-bit applications for the databases. The amount of protest from customers was great enough that Microsoft gave in (like as Hosni Mubarak has done?) and they have provided 64-bit versions. So you have two choices; either look for a 64-bit version of OLEDB or (as Suthish suggests) make your application 32-bit.

Thinking is a feeling; pleasant for some and unpleasant for others.
Posted By vijay on 02 Feb 2011  
Hello All,

When i try to read data from .xlsx, that time its given me the following error.

i have used following connection string and also Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 has been installed on server.

if (strFileType.Trim() == ".xls")
            {
                connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + strNewPath + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";
            }
            else if (strFileType.Trim() == ".xlsx")
            {
               connString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + strNewPath + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";  

}

is there need to add references?

If Yes then may i need to add which  references?

If No then how can i resolve it?

If any one know solution of this issue so please help me .

Thnaks ,
vijay

Posted By Suthish Nair on 02 Feb 2011  

the forum link posted didnt helped you?
same code not working on your system?

Posted By Suthish Nair on 04 Feb 2011  

If this query got resolved then please Accept the post that helped you as Answer.
So other members can easily find the answers.

SPONSORED BY

Custom Software Development
MCN is your source for developing solutions involving websites, mobile apps, cloud-computing, databases, BI, back-end services and processes and client-server applications.