For example, I want to add the number 10 to itself.
Then the example above is an example of a problem because it is very difficult to calculate these types of calculations manually again and again so to solve the preceding given requirement programmatically with a permanent solution, each programming language has its own methodology and style of coding to solve the given problem.
The following are some of the common types of programming methodologies.
A programming language in which the entire logic of the program is written as a single continuous (nonstop or unbroken) block is called unstructured programming.
The following are the key points of unstructured programming languages:
- It is a type of problem-solving technique, in which we solve the problem in terms of lots of code. If the requirements increase then the code is also increased.
- There is no re-usability of existing code.
- Finding an error in a program is very difficult.
- Syntax and structure is very difficult to understand and remember.
- Modification is very difficult.
- Non-structured languages allow only basic data types, such as numbers, strings and arrays.
- Statements are usually one in each line.
, FORTRAN and so on.
2. Structured Programming Language
A programming language in which the entire logic of the program is written by dividing it into smaller units or modules is called a Structured Programming Language.
The following are the key points of Structured Programming languages:
- Finding an error in a program is easily.
- Syntax and structure is very simple to understand and remember.
- Modification is easy.
- There is no re-usability of existing code as much as expected.
C and so on.
3. Object Oriented Programming
Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is the programming methodology in which each entity is an object.
This provides the following key advantages.
- Re-usability of existing code.
- Extensibility of existing code.
The following are the key points of OOP languages:
And so on.
C++, Java, C#, F#, VB.net .and so on.
Now in my next article we will learn details about the C#'s OOP features.
Now we have learned some overview of the programming methodologies and wait for my next details of OOP concept series. I hope this article is useful for all students and beginners. If you have any suggestion related to this article then please contact me.