I am going to describe each and every structure of Restful API and you will learn to create and use Restful API in ASP.NET. There is a scenario that if we have to develop an application which is also suitable for the mobile, then we need to create an API in that application.
We need different applications that consume the API. There are different scenarios in which the applications are developed, sometimes applications run on different platforms like iOS, Android, Windows, sometimes hybrid applications to PhoneGap and Xamarin, and sometimes the application is a web application, responsive or not. So, in this scenario we need to create cross platform application for support.
The following points should be considered about the API:
What we will cover:
- API is bound by technical limitations.
- There are different scenarios with which clients communicate with the API.
- There are different functional requirements imposed on the API by the clients.
- Communication can also be restricted by the use of API.
We will cover the following points in this series:
How do we consume Web API?
- Create a RESTFUL-API by the help of Web API.
- Implementation of Web API
- Different HTTP Status Codes in Web API
- Security in Web API
So far you have learned the basic infrastructure of API and multiple clients which consume the API. In the next article we will learn the RESTful structure of API and introduction of Web API. Thanks for reading the article. Happy coding!