Toolbox is very-very important building block of .NET Framework. Toolbox is an
area where all the controls existed. It helps the developer to develop any
application very quickly, only drag the control from the toolbox and drop it on
the form. To change its properties we have to select the control and make the
properties changes from Properties window. We can do it manually by writing
code-behind. There are over 100 controls available in ASP.NET 4.0. I am listing
here all the controls available in ASP.NET 4.0 and writing some lines on each of
7. AJAX Extensions Controls:
.NET Framework to build high quality application consisting client side scripts.
In order to improve the web applications in nature of the AJAX architecture
developers prefer it. .NET Framework has list of controls based on AJAX
- Pointer: It is just a pointer. If we drag any other control on form it causes to create that control on form but pointer does not create any control on form. In other word we can say, we select it for to ignore any other selected control.
- ScriptManager: This control is master/parent control needs to be on every page where we are trying to use any of AJAX technologies. This control manages client script for AJAX enabled ASP.NET pages and it supports partial page rendering.
- ScriptManagerProxy: This control is used on content page when we have ScriptManager on Master page. From content page ScriptManagerProxy hooks itself to ScriptManager at runtime.
- Timer: This control is used to postback the ASP.NET page at certain time intervals. If we are using any UpdatePanel (given below) then we can tied a Timer to let it update. We also can use Time to update entire web page.
- UpdatePanel: This control is used to create area on web page which needs to be updated at certain time interval, we uses Timer control to accomplish this. It is most important AJAX Control in ASP.NET which is widely used.
- UpdateProgress: This control is used to display asynchronous progress of any task. Generally it was a big problem with web application to display the progress bar for any task cause of slow and fast server/internet speeds but now UpdateProgress AJAX control solved such problems.
Note1: Keep visiting to my articles,
you will find different articles on different controls separately in coming
Note2: Continue in next part.
HAVE A GREAT CODING!