If you're looking for a cloud storage service and want to know what the best cloud storage is for you, this is the right place. In this article, I discuss the best cloud storage available in 2021. I will also discuss free cloud storage and various cloud storage features and options. Before we review some of the top cloud storage, let's learn what cloud storage is and why do you need cloud storage.
What is public cloud storage?
Today, everyone needs cloud storage. You may not even know this but when you signup for a new iPhone or install Windows on your computer, or even buy a new computer, you already have cloud storage with Apple and Microsoft. However, sometimes you need more cloud storage to store your files, photos, documents, and backup. In this article, we will talk about some of the most popular cloud storage and their pros and cons. Cloud storage is a service that allows you to use as storage in the public cloud. The public cloud is managed by a third party. Some of the most popular cloud storage service providers you may already be using in your daily lives such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Apple iCloud.
Microsoft OneDrive is an online storage and syncing service offered by Microsoft. It is available to anybody with a Microsoft account for free. Microsoft would provide customers with extra free file storage space. OneDrive applications may be used to sync data on a Windows PC or a Mac.
OneDrive makes is not limited to OneDrive members. You can choose who has access to your files and how you share them with others. Remote document storage also allows you to work on files without having to download them, which makes things a lot easier.
- For security reasons, you can specify an expiration date for shared files, pictures, and links.
- Allows users the free use of OneDrive Basic 5 GB.
To get Microsoft OneDrive, its easy. If you have a Windows PC, you already have a OneDrive account. Just search OneDrive on your PC and you can connect your Microsoft account and sync your PC. The best part of OneDrive is, it also gives you access to OneDrive via a folder in Explorer. And it automatically sync your Windows PC to the OneDrive based on what folders you want to sync in the cloud.
OneDrive also have a mobile app that you can install on any mobile device including iPhone and Android.
OneDrive also provides access to other Microsoft tools such as Office 365 and let you open and work with Office documents on PC as well as on your mobile.
The best feature of OneDrive I like is the Personal Vault. It is double security and you can set your mobile phone as multi authentication. Every time someone or you will try to access the Vault, it will ask you for the confirmation on your mobile. I highly recommend this to store your personal sensitive data and documents.
Google Drive is a Google-provided free online data storage service. The service syncs files, photographs, and other data across all of the user's computers, tablets, and mobile devices. It comes with 15 GB of free storage. Google Drive is one of the more generous cloud services, offering 15GB for free. It is not necessary to have a Gmail account to sign up. You can also create a new Google account to get started.
- You may design forms to assist you in conducting a survey.
- The program is compatible with Mac OS.
- You can create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- It allows for synchronization in real-time.
The free pCloud subscription comes with 10GB of file storage, which may be extended to 20GB by completing offers (4GB) and referring friends (1GB each). As an added bonus, there's a monthly bandwidth allocation of 50GB for downlink traffic. pCloud is a safe and user-friendly cloud storage solution for your documents. This application allows you to collaborate and exchange files with your coworkers, friends, and family.
- With pCloud Drive, you can save your files and access them from your laptop, phone, or the web.
- Send, receive, and collaborate on any file with your pals.
- With pCloud Crypto, you can keep your private data safe by encrypting them to the highest degree possible.
- With the greatest degree of encryption, it assists you in keeping your private files secret.
- Allows you to back up your important memories to pCloud with a single click of a button.
- It assists you in filtering your files based on their file format.
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers personal cloud storage, file syncing, and client software. It's made to help you cooperate on projects, whether you're working single or in a group. Dropbox doesn't help itself by offering only 2GB of free storage, one of the smallest amounts available. But you can increase your data by completing the beginning guide (250MB), recommending others to the service (500MB per referral, up to 16GB), and participating in the Dropbox Community forum for gaining extra space (1GB).
- The service is compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.
- It allows you to sync data across all of your devices in a secure manner.
MediaFire is a service that provides file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization. MediaFire gives you 10GB of free storage to begin with, which you can grow by doing things like introducing friends or following the company on social media. You'll get 50GB of free cloud storage, but you'll have to put up with advertising. It's one of the finest free cloud storage options, with an easy-to-use interface for storing digital files both online and on the move.
- There are no wait times for unlimited ad-supported downloads.
- Any file type may be stored and shared. Project file folders can be shared. You can also send large files easily.
- Free 10GB of storage. With incentives, you may get up to 50GB for free. Keep all of your images, music, and video files in one place.
- Keep all of your critical documents with you at all times. From anywhere, you can see, manage, and share your data.
IDrive provides a service for data backup. IDrive's main benefit is that it works with network drives as well, thus it covers everything from servers to mobile devices. Users may send files via email, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as recover up to 30 prior versions of files that have been backed up. This service is available to Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac users.
- Files up to 2 GB in size can be uploaded or downloaded.
- No data is deleted from the IDrive online account until you manually delete or run 'Archive Cleanup' to match your computer data to your account.
- IDrive gives you 5 GB for free.
- It gives you the greatest way to secure all of your PCs, Macs, iPhones, and Android devices in one place.
- The online interface allows users to manage and monitor their PC backups.
- Two-factor authentication is not available
Amazon Prime is a fantastic object storage service that is part of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Amazon Drive, often known as Amazon Cloud Drive, is a cloud storage service provided by Amazon. Secure cloud storage, file sharing, photo printing, and file backup are all available through the service.
- Your phone's photographs and videos are automatically backed up to Amazon Drive.
- It assists you with online photo organization and editing.
- You may use it to sync files and directories.
The box is a cloud-based file sharing and management service. Businesses are Box's most important demographic. Business subscriptions come with a two-week free trial that includes sophisticated collaboration features, unlimited storage, and a strong focus on security via several encryption mechanisms.
- We also have two-factor authentication in Box for security purposes.
- We can use Up to 10 GB of storage.
- The file limit in Box is 250 MB.
- You may invite your team to make modifications and upload files to our free cloud storage.
- Allow the administrator to invite other people to contribute to the material and manage the version.
Nextcloud is an open-source application that lets you create your own cloud storage service with your own servers and hard discs. Everyone who values security and privacy will appreciate this do-it-yourself cloud. A self-hosted solution has the advantage of allowing you to host your data on your own servers, giving you total control and quicker speed. While this may appear difficult to newcomers to IT or pointless to serverless users, the service provides preconfigured hardware that runs Nextcloud right out of the box. You may download and install it for free as open-source software, but you must figure out the expense of setting up, running, and maintaining your own servers.
Nextcloud Enterprise has been pre-configured, optimized, and hardened for large-scale, mission-critical enterprise deployments. It comes with a Nextcloud Subscription, which grants you access to our knowledge, partner services, and more.
Mega Limited provides online storage and file hosting services. Mega offers a 50GB free plan, which is a true rarity in the cloud storage world. When you add in the user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, you've got one of the greatest cloud storage options. Uploading files and images is possible via a mobile app, while PC users can use sync clients. Mega is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It comes with 50 GB of free storage.
- It encrypts files and conversations with keys.
- Mega synchronizes files and directories.
Apple Inc. manages iCloud, a cloud storage service. It is one of the greatest cloud storage services, allowing users to save any files to the cloud and have them instantly synced to their devices via iCloud. This service is available for both Mac and Windows PCs. If you have a Windows computer and an iPhone, you can use the official client to sync data with iCloud Drive, as well as the iCloud website to access iWork programs.
- It's one of the greatest free cloud storage providers, offering 5GB of iCloud storage for free.
- The maximum filesize for uploading is 15 GB.
- Numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Notes may all be used to interact.
In this article, we learned about cloud service providers and understood what a cloud service provider is and who is the top cloud service provider.