dc

dc

• NA

javascript runtime error on asp.net 2010 web form object

Sep 21 2017 9:50 PM
When I run a vb.net 2010 web form application, I am getting a JavaScript run time error on an object called Web Form when an the object is being accessed. This error is occurring on the first call in the application.
When this application runs on another computer on a user that is not a programmer, the application runs fine. However on my workstation, I am getting an error.
This problem was caused by me deleting applications from the C drive on my computer since my computer was running out of space. I deleted lots of applications since I did not know some applications were probably needed. I found that the visual studio 2010 did not run so I downloaded visual studio 2010 today and the application actually starts to run but not gets the error.
Thus to solve the problem, I have looked at the applications on this other computer and I reinstalled those applications on my computer. This did not solve the problem. There may be other applications I am missing on my computer that I may need to add.
I also want to mention, I only know JavaScript a little bit. Thus I am wondering if you can tell me the following:
1. Is there some software that I may need to download for the JavaScript to run? If so, what items are they and what is the name of the software I would need to download using my msdn license?
2. I am assuming that some JavaScript object is not 'linked' to the button that calls the object. Thus can you tell me what I can look for and/or what information I can provide to you to see where the problem lies?

Answers (2)